Read: AUC newsletter – Lesley Lababidi, the Silk Road traveler.
2017 Silk Road Journey:1. Liu Yunjiang, the Cricket Man – Beijing, China
2. Previously, in Xi’an– China
3. Xiahe to Xinging to the Roof of the World – Tibet Autonomous Region, China
4. Yogurt Banquet Festival – Llasa, Tibet, China
5. Lanzhou to Dunhuang: the Hexi Corridor – China
6. Foiled at the Finish Or Happy Eid el Kabir Turpan and Urumchi, China
11. The Final Stretch – Karakalpakstan (Uzbekistan)
2018 Silk Road Journey
The total distance covered by land and air will be 13,380 miles from Dubai to Cairo. That is the same distance as the Great Wall of China or half the length of the Equator.
Total distance by land (vehicle and train) amounts to 3,316 miles while travel by air amounts to 10,064 miles including the flights from Dubai and to Cairo.